My job at the Medical Museion
My job as conservator at the Medical Museion is focused on objects related to the metabolic area originating from museum’s original collections as well as recent acquisitions. The job also involves preventive and active conservation among this:-
of medically related historical and recent bio-medical objects to be processed by the curator before being placed in depots, recorded and exhibited.
I have been responsible for collecting, conserving and assembling objects, records and images for the exhibitions
- Primary Substances; Treasures from the history of Nordic protein research (2009, Panum Building)
- Healthy Ageing - A Lifespand Approach (2010, Panum Building)
- 6 Objects and Artifacts (2010, Medical Museion)
- The Chemistry of Life; Four Chapters in the History of Metabolic Research (2010, Panum Building)
- Balance and Metabolism; Two medical ways of understanding the body (2011, Medical Museion)
- Experiences of Ageing (2012, Medical Museion and 2013, Panum Building)
- … også en slags mennesker. 9 læger 9 liv (2012, Panum Building) (In danish)
- Obesity - What’s the problem? (2012, Medical Museion)
- Psychiatry Room (2013, Medical Museion)
- Medicoteknik - Forty years of Danish Biomedical Engineering and Innovation (2013, Medical Museion)
My job also comprehends development and maintenance of preservation methods based on
- documentation- and registration techniques
- condition- and risk evaluation
- monitoring and combating infestation
- evaluation of climatic conditions and measurements
- care of the exhibitions
The objective is to secure and maintain metabolic objects and records from MM’s medical historic and bio-medical collections.
I have been working for the Medical Museion since August 2009, and from February 1, 2011, I have been employed as conservator inScience Communication, the Novo Nordisk Foundation Centre for basic Metabolic Research.
Before this I worked for 1½ years in various project groups for the Danish National Museum’s Conservation Department for Archaeological Organic Findings.
I have been educated as a cultural historical conservator, Cand. Scient. Cons. from the School of Conservation, the Department of Object Conservation, the Royal Danish Academy of Fine Art, and am specialized in archaeological amber. Besides that I also have a bachelor degree in Near Oriental Classical Culture / Archaeology and Classical Archaeology from the University of Copenhagen.
My present tasks
For the time being I am livetweeting and working at preserving of a forced chair from Jutland Asylum from the end of 19th. century. Later the forced chair will be a part of the exhibition: The Psychiatry Room at Medical Museion